Sunday, December 15, 2013

Christmas Tree Counting

Felt has to be one of my absolutely favorite craft items ever. It is super easy to work with and the possibilities are endless.

And its cheap and almost indestructible. Pretty much perfect for my two year old.

So Little C has been super into counting these days. For the longest time, she would say, "1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 10!"

I could not break her of this and for a long time I didn't both trying. She would get it right one day, and sure enough she has. Now we count everything.


combined two of her favorite things at the moment - counting and Christmas trees... and I came up with this activity for her.



It has been fun to watch her count, order numbers, match numbers and practice one to one correspondence. It also helps her with her fine motor skills while placing the "ornaments" (poms) on the trees.

You can make this yourself or purchase one from my store.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! My daughter have a hard time counting the teens to 20. They skip 13, 15, 17. Every time.

    ReplyDelete