Saturday, November 14, 2015

December Seat Work is Ready!

 My December Seat Work is done and posted in my shop!
Everything is Common Core aligned and I even made cute "I can"
poster cards to go with the standards addressed in the packet.  Hang them on your classroom white board to review each morning while students complete their seat work.  I even have students chime in with me while I read the statements.  Since the standards addressed change each month, these "I can" cards are a little different than the ones included in my .January Seat Work Pack.
All the common core standards are written out for you, so you can simply cut/paste directly into your lesson plans!
All skills covered should be able to be completed independently. 
I only include standards that have been covered by this time in the year (every curriculum is different, but I take into account where most students are at each month.) 
This way YOU can get your morning work done too :)
I don't want it to just be "busy work" though, so each standard and skill is specifically chosen.
As the year progresses, the work increases in difficulty.  Not every standard is covered each month.  
This is why I have struggled with a lot of the "Seat Work" that is out there.  My students can't copy complete sentences in September, or practice middle and final sounds in October.  For it to be successful, Seat Work must be standards based and meet the needs of students as the year progresses.  I am so excited I have finally been able to make this happen in my own classroom, and now share it with you!
I made these packets to generally be on target with skill levels and standards taught each month.
Right now I have December and January Seat Work packs available in my TpT store!
To try a whole week for free, download my January FREEBIE
  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment